Wednesday, March 17, 2010

10 things I'm Loving This Week

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted anything in a little while, I've been really busy with school plus I had an unexpected guest last week. That's right, my mom came down and spent the week with me. It was quite great to have her all to myself and we had tons of fun together! We made a few new recipes and I showed her how to make bagels, which was great as I got to try some new flavours, which I'll hopefully be posting soon!

I'm getting back on my knitting wagon today, after having inadvertently taken a 2 week break but before I do that, I thought I'd share of few of my favourite things this week!

10. Pocket Watch Necklaces. I've been in love with these since the summer when I first discovered them. I've yet to buy one, but it's definitely on my list. I found these on Etsy, just put: pocket watch necklace, in the search bar and you'll find a wide range of these beauties in a variety of styles ranging from sophisticated, cute and even steampunk!
9. Since today is St. Patrick's day, it's only fitting that I have a little bit of Irish inspiration. This cute knitted cap for children was found over on...wait for it....Etsy of course.
8. Metric! One of my favouirte bands hailing from good ol' Montreal. Their music always makes me happy and Emily Haines is a sexy rock god with an awesome wardrobe. If you have a chance to see them live, take it! You won't regret it! They put on a rockin' energetic show.
7. These are so adorable, they make me squeal with happiness.
6. I know the Oscars all long gone and done with, but I can't help but still admire the gorgeous-ity of this dress!
5. Speaking of gorgeous dresses, this one worn by Elsie writer of the blog: A Beautiful Mess, makes my heart thumper with glee.
4. Lightbulb Terrariums! I saw an article on how to make these a long time ago while surfing Gizmodo but have never attempted to make them as they seemed overly complicated. However, this morning, I found an article on Etsy that linked to a blog that showed detailed instructions on how to make these. Now I'm even more interested in trying my hand at these, but unfortunately you need specific things to put into them and I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. Maybe it'll make a nice summer project!
3. Victorian Style Neck Cowls. I'm a huge history buff and victorian fashion is highly remembered for a reason: it's beautiful! So it's no wonder I would be in love with these!
2. Audrey Tautou. This woman has been one of my favourite actors since I saw Amelie years ago. Since then, her popularity has risen and my love for her continues to grow. I finally got a chance to see Coco Avant Channel when my mother came down last week and we really enjoyed it. 
1. Tree Shaped Bookcase. It's cute, I want it. Simple as that. 
That's all for now,
Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment